Welcome to Split Rock Review's Submissions Hub!
SPLIT ROCK REVIEW is a not-for-profit publication run by volunteers who love literature, art, and the wilderness.
We publish literature and art that explore place, environment, and the relationship between humans and the natural world. We encourage you to peruse our issues and books to get to know us better.
Please carefully review our submission categories and guidelines. Your work will be considered in the category to which it's submitted.
Thank you for your interest in SPLIT ROCK REVIEW!
We want to bring together a diverse spectrum of current poets writing about the environment in varied, thematic, and innovative ways. We aim to showcase a wide range of voices, especially from underrepresented communities.
All book proceeds will be donated to Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness, a nonprofit environmental organization based in MN.
Payment is in the form of a copy of the anthology.
- Reading period: September 1 - December 31, 2019. (Central Time)
- Submit 3 – 6 poems in a single Word or PDF file via Submittable. We do not accept paper or email submissions for this category. Please submit only once for consideration.
- There is NO submission fee. Yay! Submittable allows us 250 free submissions per month. If free submissions are closed on Submittable for this category, that means we have reached our 250 maximum; please try submitting again on the first of the next month when our allowance of 250 free submissions begins again.
- In your cover letter, provide a third person bio (100 words or fewer). List the title of each poem and, if it was previously published, note where it appeared and when.
- By submitting previously published work for inclusion in the anthology, you are indicating that you have retained the rights.
- We accept simultaneous submissions. However, please withdraw your work immediately should a piece you’ve submitted be accepted elsewhere. If you are withdrawing your entire submission, please log in to your Submittable account and click “Withdraw.” If you need to withdraw part of your submission, open it within Submittable and "Add" a note indicating the poem or poems you'd like to withdraw. We will see your note and gladly consider the available poems.
- No manuscript edits or revisions will be considered during the reading period.
- If your work is selected to appear in the anthology, all rights revert back to you after publication.
- Submissions that do not follow these guidelines will not be considered for publication.